About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

New brake switch


Back in November, I found out that my original brake switch was bad. For Christmas, I got a new Ron Francis SW-32 low pressure switch in my stocking. Time to install it!!

After reading many ways to install the switch, I decided to use the "short connector wire" method. I just cut, stripped, and put terminals on two three inch wires. I connected those wires to the terminal connector that came with the switch. It took maybe five minutes to do.
 

Before I installed the new switch, I made sure to prime (fill) it with brake fluid. Once the stubborn old switch was removed, the brake line connector dripped out some brake fluid as expected. So the new switch (which  was “primed” to compensate for any fluid loss) was immediately swapped with the old one and screwed in. The connector wires were then snapped together to the wires on the wire harness. I really did not want to hack away at the new harness when connecting this switch…and this method worked great.
 

I do not know if it works yet. The brake system needs a little fiddling this weekend so we will find out then.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment