About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Door panel installation Part 2


With temperatures finally forecast to be above 50'F for the foreseeable future, it looks like spring has officially arrived! Now I can get back to work on the car. I have set a goal to finish the restoration by June 2nd, which is our Connecticut MG Club Gathering. (That means to have it showable in a short two months!) It will have to be trailered down, but at least I have plans to get it there! I am still concentrating on getting the door panels installed then I can move on to other things.

The door pull handle was attached on the passenger (right) side. After the screws were unscrewed, they screwed right back in. Easy peasy! That surprised me because I usually struggle with little things like that.
 

Then I moved on to installing the door pocket, which was a bit more difficult. The screws had to be jostled around a bit to get them lined up. It took about a half hour…but Bob’s your uncle.
 

After the window crank and door opener were installed, I stepped back to admire my work. It looks good! I like how the camera does weird, psychedelic things to the striping.
 

Now I get to repeat the whole process on the driver’s (left) side, then onto the new brake switch, and the rest of the punch list, etc… At least now that the weather is cooperating, I can probably get one thing done each night after work.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment