About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

horns and door panel installation


Our detached garage (where Old Biddy lives) is now as cold as a freezer. Work on the car has come to a slow crawl…if at all.

The horn circuit was traced and everything was working correctly…except the horns themselves. I sent them to be repaired as they are the original metal Lucas 9N horns not the plastic replacements.
 

My attention has been diverted to installing the door panels. Back in May 2011 (see posts) I restored them and they have been taking up space ever since. I attached the first panel to the left (driver’s) side door. All the clips line up nicely in their respective holes…and it looks nice, too!
 

But a problem arose when I went to install the plastic pull handle and the door pocket.
 

I found out that even though I drilled the holes from the original door pattern, the new holes…
 

…do not align with the holes in the door itself where the handle screws screw into.
 

So now the panel has to be removed so I can figure out a way to mark the correct placement for the holes on the panel. And, I also have to re-install a few door clip holders in the door where they are missing.
 
But….brrrrrrrrrr!!!! I think I may have to wait until the temperature gets above 40'F (4'C) before I work out there.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment