About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, December 28, 2013

Happy holidays!!


My Christmas gifts were pretty cool this year! I got a few much needed car parts. Some were for Old Biddy and some were for “Joe”, my 1976 Midget (who I will be working on next week). I apologize in advance for the blurry pictures this week. My camera needs a new battery and gets moody when it is weak on power.

My brother-in-law gave me a chrome bezel for the vacuum gauge.
 

On “Boxing Day” (for our Australian, Bermudian, Canadian, and British readers), I operated on the gauge to replace it. I am glad I tore it apart because the glass was dirty and needed a good cleaning.
 
It was a relatively easy procedure that only took less than half an hour.
 
 
It looks nice now as it matches the others! Once it gets warmer, I will hook up the suction hose to the gauge to get it operating. That is the last thing that needs to be done on the instrument sub-panel.
 
 

 

And, my father gave me a Ron Francis SW-32 low pressure brake switch to replace the broken switch that I have. I figured to upgrade to this from the original because it is a safety concern. This will also get installed once the weather warms up.                                                                                                 
 
 

My mother and mother-in-law each gave me a gift certificate to Moss Motors. I need some bits and pieces for both Joe and Old Biddy, but nothing major. Next post will be another “odds and ends” post.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment