About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, July 1, 2013

Rear brake pressure compensator regulator slave cylinder


Since Chris is waiting for the brake lines to arrive from England, I also had my work to do in order to complete the braking system. Old Biddy also needs the correct rear brake “slave cylinder”. It has many names; pressure compensator, pressure regulator, diverter, reducer, limiting, proportioning valve, cylinder, etc...making it difficult to verbally identify the part officially known as Lockheed part no. 7313-761 and/or 31G380 in the parts book.

Back in September I posted this picture, which shows the rear cylinder that is on the car now. Just like the front pressure valve, this one is also incorrect. It is located in the upper right part of the picture.
 

I knew I had saved the original one. It just took me a couple days to find it.  I decided to perform some surgery on it to see if it was salvageable.
 

I took it to John’s since he has the proper tools to get the rusted fittings to break loose from the cylinder body. I then sandblasted it to clean it up and brought it home to take it apart and inspect it. It basically just needed a good cleaning and a rebuild kit.
 

I did find a rebuild kit, a genuine Lockheed SSB 803 over at Hewi's Classic Spares in England. DISCLAIMER: This picture was actually his picture of the part which I copied for this posting.  These cylinders are no longer reproduced as the clutch slave cylinders are, so I was lucky to even find this!
 

Once the cylinder is reassembled, it will be taken down to Chris for proper installation. Now I have to be patient. I may have to wait a couple weeks for it to swim over here by itself!

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment