About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Parts I have, Parts I need.


The past two weeks have been dedicated to parts inventory. I wanted to know what I had and what I still needed. I cannot do much work on Old Biddy until the weather gets a bit warmer outside and I can roll her out of the corner of the garage. At that point, it will be back to work disassembling things to get her ready for Chris’s shop. First, here is what I have.

Part I, the rusty stuff that needs to be refurbished. Mostly rear end bits; a couple hydrolastic bags, an arm (the other one will be the topic of my next blog post), a trunk (boot) lid torsion spring, and a set of auxillary springs.
 

Part II, the mostly restored stuff. Mostly front end bits: both upper and lower control arms, trunk (boot) lid arms, an anti-sway anti-roll stabilizer bar, a front motor mount, and a fuel filler tube. All this stuff has been on eBay for real cheap just to get rid of it…but as you can see, even at listing them for $0.99…
 

This week I have a couple more things I am listing such as the Austin America headliner loop hangers.
 
And, I am going to try putting this anti-sway anti-roll stabilizer bar up again. Say prayers and cross your fingers that they go to a better home!!
 

In my last post I mentioned a couple parts that I desperately needed. Well, here is one more. This part is keeping me from installing the dashboard. Look at the bottom part of the dashboard under the speedometer. Follow the holes from left to right across the dashboard. There should be a long, black pad there. Once I get that pad and install it, the whole dash can be set in place for good.
 

This coming week I will be going back to my friend, Daryl’s high school Tech Ed shop to do some work on the rear suspension arm I mentioned earlier.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment