About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Door sill carpet strips


This week I started to put the door sill carpet strips in place today. It was not that hard, just another slow tedious procedure.

They will look good and finally complete the carpet installation.
 

But, as usual, problems popped their ugly head up. I am in need of another rare part, the metal door sill strip. The one I have is good and has been cleaned up and painted.
 

 
But the other one is rusted and snapped in half.


I laid the driver’s side padding strip followed by the carpet itself in place.
 

And, placed the strip on top to show where it fits.
 

I also have to find these three pieces for the handbrake assembly, #29, 30 and 31 on the diagram. They help the interior bolts secure the assembly to the body on the underside of the car. Mine were lost in the disassembly process.
 

Basically, not much was accomplished this week. I guess we will take this post as a plea to someone to see if they have these parts. Every now and then I come to a hurdle like this. I hope getting over it is easy this time.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment