About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Rear window rubber seal strip


This was my last week on the teaching assignment, so once again I only had a few minutes to work on Old Biddy. I finally decided to set the rubber strip into the rear window rubber seal. It has been bugging me every time I looked at it.
 

To do this, I needed just a nail set tool and lots and lots of patience. First roll the top part in, then the bottom at about six inch increments.
 
 
It took about an hour and a half of slowly manipulating the strip into place. And after trimming the corners, it is finally done!

My best friends for this project were the nail set tool and razor blade. Only eight inches of scrap strip...means I did a good job!
 

One of the main reasons that I have not done a lot of work on the car lately is that I have been busy on other projects. I have been a bass guitar player for 34 years. I decided to get a new practice bass so that my “good” bass (that I use in my band) does not get beat up too much. I bought a black Squier Mustang bass but was not happy with the color nor the electronics in it.
 

So I painted it a vintage turquoise that matches the color known as Tee Nee Trailer turquoise, the color of the boat trailer I restored last year (see my post for June 24, 2012). I also changed the electronics in it so that it sounds more “vintage”. It took twice as much time as I wanted but the results are great!
 

This coming week I have to finish putting in the two side carpet strips on the interior and then a couple of odds and ends. After that I have to start disassembling some parts to get it ready to go to Chris's.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment