About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, December 29, 2012

Windshield (windscreen) Rubber Seals

As things go in my house, no matter how much planning I do, something always goes askew. I did not get as much time to work on the car this week as I wanted, but I did manage to get a couple things accomplished.
One of my goals was to install the rubber seals around both front and rear windshields (windscreens). I started with the rear. The trick was to have plenty of patience and not be in a hurry.

Most of it went on smoothly, but for some reason there was too much slack.

It turned out that I needed to trim it to fit it. I had to cut about three inches out of it. Now it fits well but I will need to use some rubber cement to glue the cut ends together and seal them from water.

One tip is to use cheap dish soap to help slide the rubber into place. It worked great!

The front windshield rubber fit perfectly!

Once the windows are installed, there is a gap in the rubber seal that needs to be filled with a trim filler piece. Originally it had this rubber coated plastic strip as an insert. I have a rubber strip that came with the seals which I will use instead.

The next couple tasks I need to do need two people. So I will be calling John and Chris for their assistance.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment