About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Headliner installation

Now that our Christmas break has finally arrived, I will have a few bouts of uninterrupted time to concentrate on different projects. I have been trying to get the headliner installed for the past couple weeks and I finally got around to it today.
Last week I measured the foam to find the exact center.

And the headliner material, also.

A week later I was finally able to go and mark the ceiling of the car for exact center. The marks will help me to line up each piece as I get it above my head.

I duct taped the foam so I would be able to get it up in place and I could trim it. Or so, that is what I thought. It was one of those things I read on the internet so I knew it had to be true. (insert sarcastic chuckle)

It did not work. I ended up spraying the Super 80 adhesive on it and just gluing it in place.

Then, I tucked it in and trimmed it afterward.

The black headliner material was the original from the original car. That had to be adhered up in place on top of the foam. It is surprising how well the spray adhesive holds both materials up to the metal!!

After tucking it in, I had to do some final trimming but I think it looks fine for a first time amateur. I will have to clean it with a Magic Eraser once it sets in a couple days.

Only minor bumps and wrinkles, but that is how it was in the original car, so I guess I did all right.

I am planning on calling Chris later this week. I would really like to get the car off the dollies and sitting on its own suspension.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment