About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, August 6, 2012

Rear side pocket repair

It was oppressively humid this past week which made working on the car unpleasant. I did manage to do some work in my cool cellar though.
The rear seat side pockets needed some attention. Since it is nearly impossible to find replacements, I decided to try to repair the ones I had. The driver’s side (left) was less damaged so I repaired the cardboard with some Elmer’s Carpenter (yellow) glue.

It seemed to do the trick on the torn parts. To keep it safe for now, I installed it in the car but did not secure it yet.

For kicks and mock up, I also put the side panel on with the arm rest. This will have to be removed when installing the rear seat cushions. Everything lines up as it should. Notice how it hides the repairs.

The right side pocket is much more damaged. The corner was torn off. Thank goodness it was saved and not thrown away!! I will operate on it this week then put it in the car.

I also polished up the hand brake lever and set that in place for now. It will be removed for carpet installation.

The front seat rails were also sanded and painted and lubricated. They look and work great now!

The weather is supposed to be much better with much lower humidity. I hope to get everything all finished and set for carpet installation by the end of this week, although I probably will not receive it until the end of next week.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment