About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Rear seat, other side panel pocket, and YEAY!!

My goal was to get all ready for the carpet kit arrival this week. Other non-related summer projects slowed me down but quite a bit was accomplished anyway.
The rear seat smelled like a mouse died in it so I had to investigate.
                                    

Once I took the vinyl covering off it, I discovered that it was just moisture trapped in the 47 year old padding. It has been so humid here the past couple weeks that everything is getting smelly. I sprayed the padding with Glade freshener (which works better than Febreeze) as it baked in the sun to dry out, and then sanded and painted the seat pan.

Once it was all re-assembled…

...I set it in place in the car for mock up.

It looks nice next to the side panel in place.

Then I concentrated on repairing the passenger (right) side rear inner pocket.

Yikes…it was complicated!! Once I finish the repair and clean it, it too, will go out in the car.

Then last evening we saw the DHL truck back down our driveway. This was delivered!!

I must give kudos to Coverdale (UK) Ltd. in Wigan, England. What a fantastic job they did on making this kit!! Their craftsmanship is great! The color match is excellent as their Antique red is very close to the original Tartan red.  The only complaint I have is that they did not put a hole for the headlight dimmer switch for a Left Hand Drive car as they do for their Right Hand Drive kits. Guess what I will be doing this week?
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment