About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Glass and more interior.

I have to start thinking ahead to what will be worked on next. Thus, I will not be waiting for parts later as I am now. After the interior is pretty much finished, the windows will need to be installed.
Both front and rear windshields (windscreens) are in excellent condition and are safely stored in my cellar. (I took their padding away for the picture.)

But after examining the rubber seal strip for the front windshield, I discovered it is pretty tattered and unusable. I ordered an NOS rear strip from Australia. Guess I should have gotten one for the front, too!

The rear side windows are also in great condition. They just need a good cleaning up.

The rubber strips for them disintegrated. So I kept part of one as an example for the profile.

The decorative strips are also in bad condition. They are all cracked and pieces are missing. Have to ponder whether I should get new ones or not.

Great news! The rear cushion was restored in record time!! It matches the original Tartan red very closely. Noreen at our local Classic Auto Interiors in Torringford, CT is brilliant…her tuck and roll is gorgeous!! After the car is done, I decided to bring the rest of the seats in to her…but NOT now.

I could not wait to set it in place in the car. Looks amazing!! Notice the color comparison to the door panels (which I restored last year), and the black painted rear backing panel that is awaiting installation.

She also gave me a free strip of fabric for the rear shelf panel. The color match is great. The original textured vinyl is impossible to find. I am happy with this.

So I cut it to size…

…stapled it in place…

…and finished it off.

Moving along and making progress!

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment