About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Interior mock up.

Now that all the bits and pieces are cleaned up, repaired, repainted, or newly reproduced (fabricated), I wanted to get them all in place in the car to see what I am missing or still need to do.
The rear seat backing panel was finally installed. I marked the holes from inside the trunk (boot) while my wife held it in place. Then the holes were drilled and it was pop riveted in place.

It looks great from inside the trunk (boot).

I say this is a "mock up" because everything will have to be taken out so the headliner and vinyl trim can be installed.

The right side (passenger) door pocket, panel and armrest were set in place after they were repaired.

Then I laid the carpet down to see how everything fit together.

I will have to make holes for the steering column and the dimmer switch.

The rear seat was then set in place. It looks like an actual car now!!

I also worked on a couple other parts (fabricating new c pillar padded inserts, and one door carpet fastener strip was refinished) which I did not take pictures of. I have decided to take the car to the same place that reupholstered the rear seat to do the vinyl trim and headliner installation. That will hopefully happen within the next three weeks.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment