About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Interior assessment.

I decided to take the plunge and order a carpet set instead of fiddling with scrap pieces to make my own. It is more economical for me to do so. In the meantime as I wait, I need to see what else needs to be done on the interior components.
The trunk (boot) floor is terrible and un-restorable. Therefore, I will be getting some 3/8” plywood and fabricating a new one. I would like to finish it with black or red or gray carpet. We will make our decision later.

The rear shelf panel is just as bad, if not worse!! The fiberboard is no longer in one piece as it is crumbling. And the vinyl…well, it is beyond description!

I will either be getting some masonite to make a new one, or using this one and trimming it to size if it fits. I will be putting vinyl on it and painting it gray.

I also inspected the inner rear molded fiberboard panels. As the picture shows, they are rotten also! These are no longer made and finding replacements is impossible. I have to figure something out.

The front seats are not perfect but they are reusable. YEAY, some good news!!

The frame rails just need a quick sanding and painting. The adjuster works and here comes the obvious...but it needs lubricating.

I am going to try cleaning the grundgy vinyl with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to see if it does any good.

The dashboard is still not completed but I decided to move on for right now. Stalling only makes me bored and ornery!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment