About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Friday, July 13, 2012

Working on the interior.

I could not procrastinate any longer. It was time to start gathering the interior parts together to work on them.
I trimmed the rear shelf panel down to size. There was no need to start from scratch as I first thought. Now it fits nicely.

I set the original rear seat backing in place. Part of it (on the right of the picture) was ruined when it was removed from the parts car. I will need to make a new one out of masonite.

The fabric was removed from the original trunk (boot) panel so I could use it as a template to make the new one. The fabric was quite disgusting!!
 
I used 3/8” BP/TS 4 ply plywood as the new floor. The whole thing will be primed but only the bottom side will be painted (black) since carpeting will be applied on top.

Then I will have to drill it to re-apply these little hole thingies after I clean them up.

I put the back seat together to inspect it. The bottom cushion is dirty, yet overall it is in great condition…

…but the back needs a lot of work.

I will be continuing on the interior work this week. It is different and a nice change from the mechanical stuff I have been doing.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment