About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Friday, June 29, 2012

Accessory instrument panel (fascia) completed!!

Since school is out, I went to my friend Daryl’s house. He is the Tech Ed teacher at the high school workshop that I visit. He has a sheer and breaker at home and let me use them to complete the metal work.
I could not wait to come home to clean them then primer and paint them. After drying, I applied the walnut grained contact paper as I did with the dashboard.

I tried to pick a nicely grained section.

Then the holes were cut out and the paper was trimmed.

And at last, the gauges were installed. It only took a month…but it is finally done!! During final installation, I will do the finish trimming to it. This is what I had in mind all along!

I am going to retrieve my lower dash crash pad in the next couple weeks (long story). Once it is installed, I can get over this dashboard hurdle and move along. Now onto pondering the exhaust system dilemma and ordering a carpet set.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment