About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Summer projects

I must admit that during these past couple of weeks I have been sidetracked onto another project. But, it ties in with working on Old Biddy as I will try to illustrate and explain.
Here is my 1967 Model 700 Tee Nee trailer, or what is left of it. I have been wanting to restore it for the past three years. I finally started to work on sanding, priming and painting the frame…

…so I can put these parts back on it. I will have it completed within the next two weeks so I could sell it and get it out of my yard. That money will go towards my exhaust system and carpet set.

. As I was outside grinding on the frame to de-rust it, I unearthed my exhaust system.

I have been looking all over for it and gave up hope that I scrapped it a couple years ago.

It “ain’t pretty”, but it is good enough to be used as a template.

I did get a chance to go to the high school shop last week and cut a couple more pieces of sheet metal for the secondary instrument panel. I also bought a 3 7/8" hole saw to cut out the tachometer hole. I am hoping to finally have this completed by the end of next week.

I also found my scrap of carpet, a nice Tartan Red piece (that is shaped like Indiana), which I will use as an example for when I order the new set after I sell the trailer.

And my vacuum gauge finally arrived from England last week!

It will be a busy summer for sure!! Until then "Happy Trail(er)s"!

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment