About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, June 2, 2012

Finally back working on the car!!

Between a busy end of the school year and a quick weekend getaway, the car has taken a back seat on the priority list.
I needed to fabricate an instrument panel to accept the tachometer, oil pressure gauge, voltmeter, and vacuum gauge. A template was designed out of file stock. The smaller one is for an altimeter which will be installed in my 1976 MG Midget, "Joe".

The templates were brought to my friend’s high school workshop where I cut out the sheet metal…

…and then bent them. They came out nice If I do say so myself!


So I brought them up to John’s house where we could cut out the proper sized holes and fit the instruments in place.We set everything up and drilled away.

But it got ugly really quick. I did not take pictures of the ruined (and now scrap) panel. I can say it was a learning experience for both of us!!
So instead I decided to come home and install the fuel filler tube.


At least something was completed correctly this week!

This coming week I will have to go back to the high school workshop and make a couple more panels. The good thing is that I use metal from the scrap pile, so it is a type of recycling. School ends for me this week so I should be able to have much more progress and more frequent updates in a couple weeks.

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment