About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Puttering with parts

As we are nearing the end of the school year in three weeks, I am looking forward to spending more uninterrupted time on the car. But for now, I do what I can.
Good news first. My tachometer arrived from Nisonger Instruments. They did a fabulous job! I cannot wait to install it now.

I put in the old three hole grommet for the washer fluid tubes and wire harness. New ones are NLA so I had to do with what I had.

Installing that grommet allowed me to work on the windshield washer fluid system. I still need a bracket (like the one on the right where the two tubes come out of the grommet) and the right size screws to finish. It was like an arts and crafts project.

Then I decided to install the new oil pressure t piece with new switches. And yes, I used plumbers tape on the threads, Steve W. (I know he was going to ask me.)

Since I cannot find the correct size for the windshield wiper motor grommet, I just may clean this one up and reuse it…not that I really want to…but, you know.

This week I hope to be able to get to the high school workshop to fabricate a gauge pod bracket holder thingy for the four accessory gauges. And, I am hoping to receive my old style vacuum gauge from the UK this week.

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment