About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, May 6, 2012

Heater hoses and cables

I had little time to work on Old Biddy this week. Time only allowed me to fiddle with just a few things.
I cut the heater hoses to length by using the old ones as a template.

I took them out to the car and hooked them up to the motor and poked them through the firewall into the passenger compartment. But I could not hook them up to the heater because I need the firewall grommets slid on and installed before I could finish.

I also cut a hose for the air filter canister. I just need the two clamps now.

I hooked up the hood (bonnet) release cable to the front latch. Quick and easy job.

And I hooked up the accelerator cable to its pedal and threaded the bare wire through the gusset.

Then the cable covering was slid back on. I will hook it up to the carbs this coming week along with the choke cable.

I am waiting now for the tachometer to come back from Nisonger and my voltmeter, oil pressure, and vacuum gauges to arrive from Britain before I can move on. And, I still must figure out the correct lamps used for the new wire harness in the dashboard. I also wish somebody made a kit with all the eleven necessary firewall grommets as there are grommet kits available for many other cars. If someone has a kit please let me know.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment