About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Parcel shelf gets attention

Since the dashboard has been installed and I need the lower fascia crash pad to finish it off, I decided to give the parcel shelf its much needed attention. The original one was a total mess so I purchased this one from my “secret parts supplier” a couple years ago. It was black vinyl. The original was white (or dove gray).
I found some reliable SEM vinyl paint (the same brand as I used for the steering wheel) and prepared the vinyl by masking it off and cleaning it well.
Then, I sprayed three coats of the vinyl paint on it without primer as it was not required.

After it cured and dried, the masking tape was taken off and I reattached the heater controls and switch.

It was then taken out to the car to do a mock up. It will fit nicely and look good once everything is totally finished getting hooked up on the dashboard.

There are still three more cables and the heater hoses that need to be poked through the firewall. But here are the speedometer, choke and hood release cables for starters.

I hope to continue poking cables through the firewall and doing the fiddly stuff this week. It will be a busy week so I can only do what I can.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting this stuff - just bought a 1969 Austin America and this material is a real help.

    - Will

    ReplyDelete