About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, April 14, 2012

Steering Wheel and Column installation.

This week I decided to finish and install the steering wheel and column while thinking of a solution to the dashboard quandary.
The steering wheel cracks were filled with Bondo since they were only cosmetic. Then the wheel was sanded and primed again. I was suggested to use this paint for the plastic steering wheel.

I painted on three coats given the amount of handling it will endure. Better to be safe than sorry!

After drying, it was installed in place.

I found my NOS turn signal indicator switch that I purchased five years ago, which was just before the price for them went ridiculously astronomical!!

Here it is finally installed. I just have to make the wire connections.

The cowl was put on next although it is pretty worn looking now. I may either look for an NOS one or try to refurbish this one.

Old Biddy has her steering wheel and column installed at last! All I need now is a center horn push and spring.

It is spring break for me this week. My goal is to have the dashboard all finished and installed by next Saturday. Wish me luck!!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment