About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Universal joints and a couple hoses

This week was crazy busy! I had little time to work on Old Biddy. But, the few moments I did spend working on the car seemed like huge ones.
I pressed the old cleaned up cups on to the new (Triumph TR6) universal joints with my vice.

A quick and easy job…for a change.

I then took them out to the car to install them. Boy, what a learning curve! There were only five original u bolts (of eight in a complete set) that were reusable. I searched the hardware and auto parts stores around here and they did not have the correct size. Reluctantly, I had to find a set on eBay since they were cheaper there than a British Parts supplier. They should be here on Monday. I did manage to install three of the four u bolts on one universal joint though. For some reason, the last u bolt will not fit properly. When I get a chance, I will get out there to figure out the problem and install the other one.

Both brake hoses were installed. I know, not a big deal by any means but at least there was something installed this week!

And, the clutch slave cylinder hose, too, just for good measure.

I hope to finish the universal joints and finally put some wheels on her. Then, my attention switches to restoring the dashboard.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment