About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Finally reaching last year’s goal!

Every now and then, a day comes when all the parts I ordered from around the world arrive simultaneously. On Monday, I received the coupling u bolts from the USA, NOS radiator hoses from England, and assorted bits and pieces from Canada.
Re-inspired, I went back under the car to figure out why the last universal joint u bolt was not lining up. Once I pulled the cup off from the opposite side of the one giving me problems, I noticed three bearings had fallen out of place.

I lined them up again, slid the cup back on, and, both u bolts lined up perfectly!

The other side went together easily in comparison. Sure glad the new u bolts arrived!

Then I was able to give Old Biddy her front feet and sneakers! I will be restoring the rims this summer. Of course I will be placing them on dollies since the steering wheel is not yet installed.

After my son and I went to the local auto parts store for new hose clamps, I decided to install the new radiator hoses. I do not know if the old top hose is a replacement or an original but apparently either one is “correct”.

The hoses look good in the engine compartment.

I have now reached the goal of where I wanted to be on December 31, 2011. I will take a quick moment to celebrate then turn my attention to installing the remote shifter housing and restoring the dashboard. Onward Ho!

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment