About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, February 19, 2012

The week of "almosts"

This has been a week of “almosts” as will be explained. Time was very limited this week so things could only be done in half hour intervals. I would like to get as many parts installed as I could before I start to concentrate on each individual "system" (brake, clutch, hydraulic, cooling, etc....).
First, the horns and the overflow tank were installed…well, almost. The bolt on the right on the overflow bracket still needs to be tightened since a regular wrench will not fit in the space provided to hold the nut. Once it is tightened, it will be done.

The battery tray was installed. Not a big deal but at least it is something to smile about! 


Next, the dynamo (generator) was on the list. But, I had no lower adjustment bracket for it. Once again, I called on John, who supplied me with one.

For some reason, after bolting the generator and mounting bracket on the motor, the fan belt was not tightening. Come to find out, the belt was too long! Thanks again Moss Motors for sending me yet another wrong part!! So the generator is at least “in place” for now. Looks like I will be playing with the fan belt this week.

John also came over to help figure out the flange and brake rotor situation. We ended up taking both back up to his house. The holes in the flange were drilled out 1/32” larger in order to line the bolts up properly. That worked great! I brought it back home and installed it on the drive shaft…well, almost. Looks like the shaft will have to be pounded out another inch before it is correctly installed. Notice that there is no castle nut on the end. Although it will have to be taken off when I pound out the shaft, the brake caliper was also put on (to get it out of its tattered box).

But to end on a happy note, the radiator blanking caps finally arrived from Leacy Classics in England! They are both beautiful NOS parts! I put this one on and have the other one for a spare.

This coming week will entail “fixing” the problems from this past week. Hopefully I can at least have enough time to install the coil, new correct distributor cap, and wires.  
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment