About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Updates and the motor comes home!

With my busy week this week, I had no time to write any updates. I have many so bear with the chaos.
First, the radiator was re-cored and finished. The price for it was about the same as a new radiator so on that aspect it is comparing apples and oranges.

I will need to get a new blanking cap for the radiator. As I was starting to clean up the old cap, the rubber literally crumbled and there was too much rust on the metal. I found a place in Britain that had them so I ordered two just to be safe.

And, now for the big news…the motor is home!! We went down to pick it up today before the weather deteriorates this week. Here is the front side…

…and the back side/left side 3/4 shot.

Here is Chris Crees, the craftsman who rebuilt it. A long tedious process, but I know it was done right!

I could not help myself from installing the water pump pulley and fan.

And the air filter manifold.

Also, John managed to help me get the right side drive shaft out through the hub. He also gave me some advice on getting the flange and brake rotor to seat properly.

I have to get going and do some work on Old Biddy because the center of our garage is all filled up with big things!!

This week I will keep assembling to finish up the front sub-frame unit. Work may slow me down a bit but updates should come much quicker now that everything is home under one roof.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

1 comment:

  1. you are awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;*
    love lindsay and sarah

    ReplyDelete