About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, October 1, 2011

A jumbled week of progress.

Now that the wire harness is installed, I can work on other various odds and ends that do not require as much thinking. The clutch kit finally arrived from Minimania (who had to order it from the UK) after a month of being on back order! I also cleaned up and painted the exhaust manifold with high heat barbeque grille satin black paint. The valve cover badges also arrived (with a couple other parts for my '76 MG Midget, "Joe".)

Chris needed all these parts for the motor so I took the 11.2 mile, 21 minute ride down to deliver them. When I got there he showed me his progress on rebuilding the differential.

He opened it up so I could take a picture. Pretty…ain’t it?

He then sent me home with a batch of parts (valve cover, thermostat housing, both valve guide covers and the oil filter housing) to clean and paint, which will save him time and me money. I hope to finish these by Monday.

I also had a quick spare moment to put Old Biddy’s eyes in! Her face needs just the bumperettes now, which I hope to get on her this weekend. I have received the rubber gasket strips for them. Now it will be just finding the spare moment to get out there to install them.
I also had to make another couple calls (to Moss Motors and Minimania again) to order various bits and pieces that I either forgot to order or did not know I needed at the time. You know how it goes… The crank shaft was ground and balanced this week. And, the block should be done getting machined by early next week. Lots of progress is being made right now which makes for a very exciting time!!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment