About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Another jumbled week of progress.

This was another week of completing more little tasks that do not seem like much now, but will add up later on. No theme or main focus to it, which is why I call it “jumbled.”
I had a quick moment to finally finish Old Biddy’s face. The bumperettes (or over riders) were installed. The rubber strips were slid on and cut to length, then the over riders (or bumperettes) were bolted into place. She’s purdy!!

I completed the “homework” that Chris assigned to me. All the engine parts were cleaned, sanded, primed, and painted. I think they came out nice.

Check out this example of a really bad oil filter. It was clogged with grit and dirty, black oil. It smelled really bad just like the oil sludge at the bottom of the transmission case did! The oil canister also had a little bit of sludge in it which I cleaned out. The new filter was then installed as the oil filter assembly was assembled. This white  filter was cheap and it is temporary. There will be an original paper filter back in there.

I brought the refurbished parts down to Chris. He had the head in the press and was putting the valve guides in. They are 1/1000th too small and pushed right through. The guides were from Moss and made in India but not to specs. They will be sent back and exchanged!


He was also working on getting the yokes all cleaned and set up. They will hopefully get polished this week. The offending valve guides are right there in the plastic package waiting to go back to Moss Motors.

Last night he bead blasted the casing. He wanted to wash it out before doing anything else to it to make sure all the beads are cleaned out.

I also got a chance to talk to Chuck, my secret parts source, today. Sure is nice to actually chat with someone on that old-fashioned device called the telephone like we used to do way back in the 20th century before the internet! He has a nice rear bumper for me which he will send to me this week. I cannot wait to pay the shipping fee…THAT ought to be fun!!
One last thanks to David (he did not want me to mention his last name) in Bodicote, England who has this site set in his “favorites” as he enjoys following the progress of the car. He used to have a 1965 MG 1100 “with the steering wheel on the right side” when he was courting his wife. Right side or correct side, either way it is nice to have you watching!!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment