About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, September 26, 2011

Getting wired up...Part 2

Had a quick few moments to put a few electrical components and parts on the car this weekend. It was nothing spectacular but exciting nonetheless!
The first thing I did was to install the fuse box, solenoid, and flasher unit on the inside passenger fender well. Then after adjusting the harness to align it correctly, the voltage regulator/control box was installed next on the firewall. (Notice the original cool looking black clip cover on the control box. It almost puts happy tears in my eyes!)

Once the engine compartment wiring was all laid out and the headlights and turn signals were hooked up, I moved inside to install the steering rack support unit. The wire harness was then threaded through the support.

After finally getting the harness all strung out in its proper place, I needed to take a break. This wiring diagram became my best friend for a couple hours.

 I decided to install Old Biddy’s original hood latch that I found buried deep in the annals of a forgotten box in my cellar. I restored it first and then installed it. (I have no picture of it as I was too excited and impatient while doing it.) Why was I excited? First because I actually found it! Second because installing the latch was the only thing holding me up from doing this!!

The grille is not perfect and will need some restoration later on, but it is just fine for now! If someone has a better grille please let me know. I also need a complete rear bumper. At least Old Biddy has a nearly complete “face” now, although she is still missing her headlights and bumperettes.
This week is another busy week. Whenever I have a spare moment I will do something on the car as always.

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment