About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Getting wired up...Part 1

Since the harness was missing its grommets, Josh sent me three new ones. They arrived last Thursday. Thanks so much, Josh!!

Before doing anything, Scotchgard was sprayed on the harness fabric. John read this tip in British Marque News and told me about it. I thought I would give it a try. It will hopefully help to preserve the look and durability of the cloth wire covering…at least it will not harm it.

Then the new grommets were slid into their proper position. Not a fun job!!

The harness was pushed and pulled from the interior passenger compartment through to the engine bay…

…and the grommets were installed.

The rear harness was weaved from the trunk, over the wheel well and into the sill on the passenger side.

And it was connected to the front harness.

The rear lights and fuel pump were the first connections made. I know the wires have to go through the hole in the body wall, but I just hooked them up like this so that it would make it easier to snake the harness through to the body. I will fix it! Yeah, and I will clean the dust out of the trunk, too, while I am at it!

It is going to be a busy couple of work weeks coming up. I am now waiting for a clutch assembly from Minimania...they told me it is coming from England this week.  Once that arrives there will be more engine updates. I hope to get the rest of the harness laid out in the car and have a few components (voltage regulator, fuse box, selenoid, flasher unit, etc...) hooked up by this weekend.
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment