About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Two months of bloglessness


It’s been over two months without much progress on Old Biddy. More on that in a moment…

First, I received a message from a reader about what was done to the baby moon hub caps to “fix the problem”. Since winter is approaching and the snow tires will be put on the Fiat in a few weeks, I had to get them done. As an experiment, I poured some Evaporust into each hub cap and let it sit for a day until the greenish liquid turned black.
 

Since I did not know that this operation was going to be blogged, I did not take any pictures of the de-rusted caps. But believe me…this stuff works great!! I cleaned them out with hot water and dish soap then dried them off and let them sit for a couple hours to let the water totally evaporate. Then, I just sprayed them first with a rust inhibiting coating, and then primered, and clear coated them.  They are not perfect but no one will see that, and I just hope it preserves and protects them for a while.
 

Now back to Old Biddy…I could go on a full on rage induced rant about what I have been through with the State of Connecticut Motor Vehicle Department, but I will not. One good thing that came out of the whole “ordeal” is that she is fully insured now. Once spring rolls around, I will be back on task of having her registered. I will leave this year by giving you one word of advice…Never ever buy a car (in your state, or out of your state, or country) without a title!! So for now, Old Biddy has been put to bed where she can dream of being fully completed and driving legally on the road.
 

The thought that has been coming back to me is that “it is not meant to happen yet.” It will.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment