About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, September 27, 2015

Hub caps and trim mock up


Sometimes we all have to treat ourselves…just because. This past month was like that for me!

After selling a bunch of “stuff” on that auction site, I saved up enough to buy some NOS hub caps from Classic British Spares in Birmingham, England. They are absolutely STUNNING!!
 

One thing that I really loved about them is that the inside of the hub caps are coated and the badge attachment was epoxied. This will help to protect them and prohibit rusting.
 

I bought some “baby moon” hub caps for my Fiat 500 winter tires last year. After just one season in the northeast winter road crud, they rusted. Hopefully this will not happen to the 1100 even though it will not be driven in winter. Looks like I will have to do something about the baby moons before reinstalling them this year.
 

I mocked up the passenger side trim strips with tape and put a new hub cap on just to feel the aura of a finished car. And again (even though the trim strips need polishing), it is STUNNING, if I do say so myself!!
 
 
 

I put my paperwork into the state government to apply for the title. After three weeks (and they still have my $25 check), I have not heard back. Still no word back from Al to do color sanding after about a dozen calls all summer. I guess I will have to be more aggressive as I have already paid for his service!! Stay tuned!

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment