About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, August 11, 2014

With help, good things happened!


 When Chris bled the system a few months ago, he said there was an issue with one of the front brake calipers not operating properly. I asked John to come over to help inspect them.
So we pushed Old Biddy outside, lifted her up, and took her front wheels off.
 

When Chris bled the brakes he used a suction pump. And, since he was alone, there was nobody inside the car pushing on the brake pedal. When the two of us were inspecting the front brake calipers, I was stepping on the pedal and John was turning the wheels and looking for piston movement. Everything worked correctly as it should! That was a big relief!
 

John suggested I borrow his nylon tools for finishing the windshield installation. Instead, I went to the store and got a 1 ½” plastic spatula. I asked my wife to come out and help me. With her on the inside of the car pushing the rubber seal out, and me on the outside grabbing it….
 

….we finished in less than ten minutes!!
 

Now, I just need to use Chris’s filet tool to install the filler locking strip.
 
 
Chris is scheduled to come here tomorrow. He also wants to re-do the rear windshield with the new rubber gasket, and help hook up the wiring to the tachometer. Then, I can move on to the next big operation, the doors.

 Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment