About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Finishing the carpet and installing the front seats


Preparation for getting the windshield installed continues. I finally got to the point where I had to put the finishing touches to the carpet kit so I could get the front seats installed.

I bought the hard to find NOS carpet strip/door seal retainers back in winter time. I found some 5/8” #6 screws and went to town.
 

I had to cut the door seal rubber to size then install the metal strip. The first screw was the hardest to line up, the rest went right into place.The driver’s side came out nice.
 

And, the passenger side came out even nicer!
 

It came time to clean all the winter and spring filth and grime away and vacuum the carpet. All the pieces were then tucked in where they get tucked in. Gosh, it looks nice!!
 

Then I installed the front seats. Yes, I know they need to be reupholstered, but that is not going to happen until next year. What a thrill it was to sit in the driver’s seat and actually drive the car (albeit only backwards) into its parking spot!! After eight years, the car finally drives like it should!!
 

Next step is to call Chris to finish fiddling with the front brakes (the front left brake piston is acting weird) and help me with a few odds and ends. Then it can go down to get the windshield installed!

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment