About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, March 3, 2014

Fuzzy strips and rubber window glazing


After three times trying to order and receiving the wrong parts, I finally received the correct fuzzy window brush glazing strips! They were from Moss Motors part numbers 680-360 and 680-350 and were from the Triumph TR6 catalogue all along!

I did not realize how bad the original ones were until I compared them with the new ones.
 

But instead of assembling the fuzzy strips this week, I opted for putting the rubber glazing strips onto the exterior window strips. This way, at least I could attach them to the car now and not have to wait (as it is not time to install the fuzzy strips until the interior door panels are installed). I am glad I saved the original clips. New ones (that are correct) are nearly impossible to find.
 

The rubber was carefully clipped in place on the metal strips. The last thing I wanted to do was break a clip or tear the rubber.


 

The excess was then trimmed off.
 

I have been itching to do some work on the car itself. So I went out to the shed (in 15'F weather) and installed the newly refurbished door window sealing strips.
 

Next week I will try to work on assembling the fuzzy strips. This has sure been a long, cold winter. I heard that the cold will break in another week or two. But then again, they have been saying that since January.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment