About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Replacing the hand brake cable


The project I had to concentrate on this week was to replace the driver side hand brake cable.

First I had to undo all the connections to take out the old one. This nut for the cable sector (seen inside the space) was a pain to get at. Both new and old cables can be seen.
 

Over an hour later, I finally got it out and had to dissect the old cable out.
 

Once that was done, the cable replacement operation went very smoothly. The cable fits nicely in the rear at the wheel…
 

…and inside at the lever, too. It now just needs final adjustment, which can be done later.
 

Next I get to turn my attention to the dashboard project. For the accessory instrument sub-panel, I decided to go with ordering Lucas type wires so that it would look like a factory modification, and not some cheap hack job. But British Wiring (where I ordered my new wire harness from) is out of stock of the thin wires. So I will have to wait to order the wiring, although my order list is complete.
 

In our next installment, the lower dash pad will get installed and holes will be drilled to attach the sub-panel!

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment