About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Buttoning up the dashboard (fascia panel) Part 1


For the next week or two, I have to concentrate on getting the dashboard (fascia panel) all buttoned up. The first task was to finally install the lower dash pad.

The speedometer had to be taken out and a few other things had to be disconnected.
 

The dash pad was then set in place with all the holes aligned. I could have fastened it with either screws (as my original car) or pop rivets (as were installed in the pad) as both were used originally. I opted for pop rivets.
 

After two years of searching for one and many months of anticipation, and after only ten minutes of pop riveting, it is finally installed and it looks great!!
 

Next, since all the wires are exposed in back of the dash right now (and before I add any more with the new gauges), there are a few electrical gremlins that have to be sorted out. The new speedometer bulb sockets (shiny ones) are too short and too wide to fit into the back of the speedometer. I will need to replace them with the original sockets (the dull ones) as they are still in perfect working order.
 

The headlights and taillights do not turn on with the panel switch. I have to replace the floor dimmer switch as I suspect this is the culprit since both switches work together.
 

Nothing big…just tedious and fiddly stuff. After these problems are solved and my wire order from British Wiring arrives, I can finally concentrate on the sub-panel and windshield.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment