About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Thursday, October 17, 2013

Ready for the next phase: Dashboard Part 3


Before adding any new wires for the new gauges, the last three original electrical operations had be sorted out.

I found out two reasons why the brake lights did not work. First, as with the other items in the electrical system, something else had to be turned on to make the brake light switch operate. After jumpering the wires at the brake switch so I could trace the circuit, I happened to switch the ignition key on for the fun of it. And, sure enough…brake lights came on!!! So I hooked the switch back up and stepped on the brake pedal (with the ignition switch on)…and nothing happened. Have to buy a new brake switch to replace the 48 year old original one.
 
 
 
Then, I switched out the headlight floor switch for a third time, turned the panel switch on…and this!!! Both high and low beams work now!! Notice the taillights glowing on the wall in back.
 
 

Feeling celebratory after my recent successes, I jumpered the heater fan wires to see if they worked before I hooked them up to the switch. The fan went on,  both slow and fast. Then I hooked the switch up and got only slow fan speed. I jiggled the wires and I got fast fan speed. Still have to monkey with the switch a bit. I hooked up the air vent and heat cables which both work when I move the levers so called it quits for now.
 

I got the rest of my shipment of wires and stuff from British Wiring today. Now I can finally put all my concentration into installing the sub-panel. I think I forgot to order green wire for the positive earth impulse tachometer. We will see.
 

It is going to start to get cold here. Time is not on my side right now…

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment