About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Monday, July 22, 2013

Braking system complete!! But not quite bled.


I brought the final brake system parts and Dot 5 silicon brake fluid down to Chris to find that more progress has been made than I expected.

He finished all but one brake line, the one that connects the master cylinder with the three way connector. The company sent him the wrong size tube meant for a right hand drive car, but then rectified the situation by sending the correct line to him for free. That will be the last part he will install before the brake system gets bled. While waiting for the correct brake line, he made up the new fuel line and secured it in place and bent the driver’s (left) side hydrolastic pipe to its proper position and secured it in place, also.
 

He also inspected the rear brake shoes, adjusters, hand brake mechanism, and rear drums as he was installing the new wheel cylinders and rebuilt “brake slave cylinder/ proportioning valve”. It all looks great!
 

Although a bit blurry, the new brake lines and hoses look nice and clean on the car compared to the rusty stuff that was taken off.
 
He gave me the proportioning valve that was on the car which was used for only a few years on Austin Americas. I will clean it up, inspect it, and put it up on the eAuction site as I do not need it. I just saw a NOS one sell for $100. On the other hand, it seems the parts that I am selling cheap ($9.99 starting price just to get rid of), attract no attention.
 

This week I will have to order a few more bits and pieces as usual and then hopefully take another ride down to Chris’s this weekend.

Thanks for visiting.

Toddy

1 comment:

  1. I had a white '65 1100 when I was in high school in Milton, Ma. Great fun. Surprisingly reliable. Heavy rain on Rt. 128 could cause sparks to misfire, as water would go through grill to ignition system (no radiator for protection). I thought of installing some kind of shield, but never got around to it. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete