About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Still waiting and re-planning

I have been back teaching and getting into the autumnal routine. The car has taken a back seat while I am adjusting to the schedule and re-plannning Old Biddy's progress.

I have finally received the windscreen rubber from Australia after two months of waiting. I bought both a front rubber seal and a rear windscreen rubber seal. They sent me two front rubber seals! The front rubber seal will not fit the rear windscreen opening. I sent them a nice message…we will see what they say to rectify the matter.

I also found out that the upholstery folks who were going to install the headliner do not want to do it. They did not want to install vinyl on the a, b, and c pillars because they were originally a molded plastic. I cannot find any molded plastic sets anywhere around the world. If anyone knows of a set please let me know.
I did manage to find a local place that will make the exhaust pipes and install the system for me.
Next step is getting her wheels on the ground and holding her weight up by hydrolastics. Do not lose interest on me. I will definitely get working on her this week!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

1 comment:

  1. Good Day.

    Just found your great Blog for your MG1100.

    Having one myself, an old English white 1964 2 doors MG 1100, it gives me comfort in seeing other bringing back to life these classics.

    I redid the driver side floors & sills & will hopefully do the passenger side this winter. I use mine as a daily driver since it is cheaper on fuel!

    Happy to see the carpet kit you order from UK looks great. Will have to order mine when the body is finish.

    Where have you found the door panel clips?
    Never manage to find any.
    The rubbers around the doors side light are shot on mine, any idea where to find some?

    You can find my profile on the MGexperience website to see some pictures of my 2 cars.

    Erick Levac
    Montreal Canada

    ReplyDelete