About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Progress in slow motion

A lot of work was done this week but there is not much to show for it because it was more sanding, priming and painting. Time was a rare commodity but I did what I could when I could.
The brake calipers took a couple days to clean up and prime. They were a rusty mess!! I found out that they were originally black…thus black shall they be again.

As I was cleaning them, they literally crumbled apart.

I have now received all the necessary NOS and replacement parts to rebuild the calipers (as I cross my fingers and hope the pistons are still good.) Now I need to find the time to do it.

I finally got around to restoring the timing chain cover. I just need the time to take it down to Chris who is waiting for it.

I started to make a template out of a cracker box for some angle iron that will act as a lifting bracket. We will need that so we can lift the car body with an engine crane to remove the front sub-frame.

I hope to finish the bracket by the end of the week. The next two weeks are going to be crazy busy!!

Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment