About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

So what is on my bench now?

After waiting all summer, and just in time for the first day of school…the next two big shipments of parts finally arrived! Well, half of my parts finally arrived anyway. Most of my stuff came from Moss Motors but I still am waiting for the box from Victoria British, which also contains the much anticipated and all important door panel clips.
I do give Moss credit for packing everything well in gigantic boxes. I guess that justifies the huge shipping charges for them. Here is the first box from the second order that came from Virginia.

And, the second box from the second order came three days later from California. Moss Motors is strange in the way that half of my parts were down in Virginia and the others were 3000 miles across the country. I am still waiting for the main bearings, which are on back order.

I actually got a request from someone (in the UK!) who wanted to see what was “on my bench” at the moment. They asked me what I have been working on while waiting for my “stuff” to get here. Here are some before pictures of parts and projects from earlier this summer that I have been cleaning up. A “before” picture of the door stay.

A “before” picture of the starter.

The box of engine parts where you can see the “before” starter and the “before” (blue rebuilt but not restored) generator and on the floor are the fan belt pulleys in primer.

And here is my bench today! The starter was inspected and repainted. The door stay has been cleaned in vinegar (the primordial ooze) and prepped for painting, and a great relief was that I found its original (and no longer available) clevis pin in a container of old bits and pieces!! The generator has been painted its proper black. Next I will mask the black parts off and spray the other pieces silver to match its original color configuration. And in the middle there somewhere are two original bumper bolts and nuts that I found hanging out in the same container with the clevis pin!

I am desperately looking for a set of door bolts. Al never gave me back my original ones. Original part number was RMZ 512, they are 5/16-24 x 3/4 with posi (or Phillips) oval head pointed end screws. I need all twelve in order to install both doors! Or does anyone know which other cars they fit? I know they are not from MG Midgets or MGBs.
Now I have to get the parts down to Chris so he can get going. Also, I have to contact my “secret parts source” for a couple more items. I will finish working on a couple of parts and there is always the waiting for that always promised but never appearing wire harness! And again, I do stress that it is NOT Josh’s fault. He has been great with me!

Thanks for visiting
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment