About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Raising the car (second attempt)

Friday afternoon John had a few moments to come over again to help remove the front sub-frame. We moved the car to give us space, attached the bracket, attached the crane, and attached the chain to the now modified angle iron bracket.

Once everything was reset, I started to slowly pump up the crane.

The bracket twisted a little bit but the car lifted up as planned!


The sub-frame dropped right out without any problems at all. We slid it out from underneath the car and set it temporarily on a dollie.


After we cleaned up and moved the car back in place, I could not help myself from taking a picture of the empty engine bay. I have been waiting for this for three months and it only took half an hour to do!

I talked to Chris on Thursday night. With everything all rebuilt (including the carburetors), he started and ran the motor for the first time!! I will be going down on Sunday (tomorrow) to witness it for myself. I hope to have the motor back home within the next two weeks.
I am ecstatic!!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment