About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

A week like every other.

All focus has been diverted away from things I would rather be doing this week. But when I had a quick chance to pay attention to Old Biddy some cool things happened.
I made another visit to Chris’s because there were a couple minor decisions that had to be made on the motor. He installed the flywheel using an interesting process of heating it in his oven then sliding it in place.

The timing chain cover and pulleys were put on and all timing and balancing marks were aligned. Chris assured me that the engine will run smoother and stronger than new.

He also attached the oil lines and cranked the engine to read the oil pressure. Pressure is a touch high but so far so good!

The head is going back to have the combustion chambers ported out a bit more because the compression is a touch too low.

While waiting for the head, he started to rebuild the carburetors. The SU HS2s are dirty but in good condition.

He should have the motor ready to start in a few days. On my end, I finally borrowed John’s engine crane! May the body lifting commence!

All I want for Christmas is a small, uninterrupted chunk of time!
Thanks for visiting.
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment