About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Front turn signals are good indicators.

While still waiting for the wiring harness to come back, there are a few little things that can get put on the car. Since both headlamp buckets were installed, I thought I may as well install the front turn signal indicator marker lamps, also.

I had a pair of NOS Lucas L632 lights with the clear lens that I purchased a couple years ago. They are the same lights for an MGA 1600, Morris Minor, and Mini Moke. But I only had one gasket.

I located a fellow down in Florida who had a pair really cheap and they arrived in three days!

I went to my local True Value and bought some 10/32 x 3/4" bolts, nuts and lock washers, then came home an installed them. They went on quickly and easily...for a change!


And then the NOS lens, which is quite different from the repros out there, was twisted on.

Another ten minutes later and her face is taking shape and looking good! Notice that the passenger side headlamp bucket now has the correct wire harness.

I just got word from Josh that my wiring harness is STILL in the UK getting rebuilt! I guess I will have to putter around some more on other things before I can really fly! I have not heard from Chris about the motor yet. I guess I will have to call him. Once the motor and harness come back things will progress very quickly.

Thanks for visiting!

Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment