About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The great sway bar rescue adventure!

Now that the engine is out at Chris's and school is out for the summer, I can start working on my "to do" list for this year. Bear with me here...my ultimate goal is to "finish off" some landscaping around our shed, but in order to do that I need to hang a ladder on the wall inside my shed first, but in order to do that I need to put 1/2" 4 ply plywood on the walls first, but in order to do that I need to move all the stuff around to get it out of the shed first, but in order to do that I need to get the parts off this rusty hulk of a sub-frame (because it is in the way) so that everything can be moved.

I want to put this sway bar on to Old Biddy but the bolts are frozen in place.
I tried to get them off with hand tools but all I got were bruised hands and frustrated.
So I borrowed John's impact wrench and compressor and went to town.
I had to really tear away at the rusty metal first to be able to get at the bolts. But once I did, the air wrench had little problem getting them out.

And after about forty five minutes, here is the sway bar...FINALLY!

And, I removed the auxillary springs, too, just because I felt so powerful with that thing.

Now if I can only get the control arms out, I can get rid of the sub-frame and start my shed project! The beginning of my summer breaks always start with such hope and promise. But I usually get only half way through my intended "to do" list before it is time to go back to school.

Thanks for visiting!
Toddy

No comments:

Post a Comment