About Me

New Hartford, Connecticut, United States
Name: Todd Russo Location: New Hartford, CT, USA

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wiper apparatus and heater.

Some wiseman (or maybe it was a wiseguy, I can't remember) once told me to celebrate the little victories and the battles will take care of themselves...or something like that. Today I celebrate my first minor victory. The wiper apparatus has been installed (sans firewall grommet)!! Notice that the cable still needs to be connected in the motor box. Once the grommet is slid over the cable we can finish the job.

I found the chrome pieces!! They were attached to the ends of the wiper arms the whole time. Here are the wheelboxes installed correctly.

Next, we move on to installing the heater box which goes here. It will be a couple days before I have the correct size bolts and screws to fasten it in place.

This unit was totally encrusted with mouse debris and a dead (and extremely smelly) body and a mouse skeleton. It took a good ten hours of cleaning, sanding, (almost) gagging, painting and re-assembly to get the box in this condition. It looks (and smells) great now! Sadly, when I did this three years ago, I took no pictures of the heater box restoration. I hope the radiator in it does not leak.

An exploded view from the book of "Highly Exalted Words". I call it that because it is supposed to have all the answers, but like the Bible, it needs to be read a few times, studied, and interpreted to make any sense.
Happy Easter to you all! Thanks for visiting!
Enjoy!
Todd

No comments:

Post a Comment